Charles Palmer - 10th from left on top row; father of donor Barb (Palmer) Craig
Steve Dills provided the following information from the Red Deer Advocate, June 5, 1935, pg 1: Imperial Veterans Meet at Sylvan Lake
Provincial Convention Held June 1st and 2nd
The Provincial Imperial Veterans branch of the B.E.S.L. held their annual convention at Sylvan Lake June 1 and 2, under the chairmanship of Comrade Cooney, of Medicine Hat. There were 57 delegates present, representing veterans from all parts of the province. The business of the gathering was conducted with dispatch, and various resolutions relative to the welfare of the Imperial soldiers resident in Canada were dealt with. At the banquet in the Sylvan Lake Hotel, Comrade Dal Morgan, Calgary, was in the chair, supported by Comrade N. D. Dingle, Calgary, Dominion president of the Imperial Veterans, and Comrade Walter Bullard, Calgary, provincial president of the B.E.S.L., Dr. G. D. Stanley, M.P., and Hugh Farthing, M.P.P., were the speakers together with Lieut-Col. N. Dingle and Mr. W. Bullard. On Sunday afternoon the veterans paraded to the cenotaph now being erected at Sylvan Lake, where a short service was held conducted by the padre, Rev. W. T. H. Cripps of St. Luke¹s, Red Deer, and wreathes were placed to the memory of departed comrades.